5th Cancer Cachexia Conference
Bridging Molecular Advances to Clinical Care
Montreal, Canada, September 11-13, 2020
Submission Deadline: July 15, 2020
Online Submission Form
Presenting authors are asked to submit their abstracts online via the submission form »
- We ask that those submitting abstracts register first for the conference via the registration link prior to submitting an abstract. Once registered, you will receive a Registration Confirmation Number at the time of your submission. This number will be found in your Conference Registration confirmation email, which you will use to submit your abstract.
For students and postdocs seeking travel assistance from your institution that is contingent on the approval of your abstracts in order to register, please contact Lisa Lipowski at email@example.com to make appropriate arrangements. The organizers want to ensure that trainees have every possibility to attend the conference.
- Submitted abstracts will be considered for five possible categories, based on your selections during the abstract submission process. Should you select to be considered for one of the oral presentation slots and not be chosen, your abstract will automatically be added to the poster presentation category. There are no restrictions to the number of categories you can select, with the exception of Next Gen speakers that follows specific guidelines – see below.
- Invited short talk speaker (12 min + 3 min Q&A) – 10 slots available
- Invited Cutting Edge Science speaker (5 min) – 6 slots available
- Invited Next Generation speaker (10 min + 5 min Q&A) – 6 slots available
- Judged poster presenter
- General poster presenter
Abstract Instructions – Prepare for your submission
- Abstract title
Clearly describes content of your presentation
First name Last name, First name Last name*, ... with presenting author identified with an asterisk = e.g., John Brown, Betty White*
Institution, City, Country for all authors
(in case of multiple institutions, please identify respective author and corresponding institution with a number)
- Abstract Body
Maximum 350 words
If you choose to add references, please ensure that your abstract does not exceed 350 words. References will not be counted in the abstract word limit. Please do not include any tables.
Next Generation Researchers in Cancer Cachexia
At the 4th Cancer Cachexia Conference in 2018, a new session was added to feature promising Next Generation Cancer Cachexia Researchers. Photo below show the 6 Next Gen speakers from our 2018 meeting. These speakers were provided travel awards, which included complimentary registrations for our current 2020 conference to ensure the next generation of cancer cachexia researchers.
Based on favorable reviews that we received following our 2018 conference, we are pleased to feature this session again in 2020 and welcome abstract submissions for this special designation. In this session, we will feature the most qualified applicants encompassing a diverse range of topics ranging from basic to clinical research. Six applicants will selected for 10 minute oral presentations with an additional 5 minutes for discussion. Efforts will be made to ensure that selected speakers are balanced by research type (basic, translational, clinical). Travel awards will again be provided to those selected to be applied as a complimentary registration for our next pending 2022 conference.
2018 Next Generation Researcher Session (left to right): Rishi Jain, MD, Daria Neyroud, PhD, Seyyed Mohammad Reza Kazemi-Bajestani, MD, PhD, Andrea Bonetto, PhD, Haiming Liu, PhD, Christopher Coss, PhD, Neil Johns, MD (Chair), Erin Talbert, PhD (Chair)
Criteria to be considered as a speaker to this special session are the following:
- Submitting an abstract for presentation at the 5th Cancer Cachexia Conference in Montreal, CA, 9/11-9/13/2020
- Early career cancer cachexia researcher (basic science, translational or clinical) who has a MD/PhD (or equivalent) including trainees (residents/fellows), post-docs or individuals within the first 5 years of their first faculty appointment
- When submitting your abstract (same instructions as general submission), please include:
- Personal Statement (250 words; paste your statement into the text box) – Highlight how applicant’s current and future research plans will help advance the field of cancer cachexia.
- CV (file upload) – Highlight up to three relevant publications within CV in BOLD.